- Join Australia’s largest Super Fund
- Permanent, full time role based in the Melbourne CBD
- Be part of a globally expanding company
AustralianSuper is Australia’s largest super fund and is for all Australians and businesses. We put members first in everything we do with the goal of helping to create the best possible retirement outcome.
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
Here’s where you come in
To support the growth of AustralianSuper, we are seeking a Head of Finance and Reporting Services to help develop the strategy for the delivery of the Finance and Reporting function required to support the continuing growth of the Fund and its global Investment Program.
Some of your responsibilities will include
- Lead strategic thinking regarding the Fund’s future financial model that will support the Fund’s strategy and business plans to be achieved
- Provide strategic guidance to the Chief Executive, Group Executives, Board and Board Committees on the management, co-ordination and integration of Fund-wide financial and taxation strategies, policies and procedures to enable the Fund to meet its strategic goals and priorities
- Drive a strong service-oriented culture within the Finance and Reporting Services team that, works and engages collaboratively with all teams in a trusted partnership to deliver desired outcomes
- Oversee the valuation processes for all securities within the Fund
- Ensure the delivery of independent, accurate and timely performance risk and cost reporting to all key stakeholders that will facilitate the tracking of progress against key targets
- Develop and oversee the management of relationships with taxation authorities in all jurisdictions
- Review and contribute to other relevant department strategies and contribute to the alignment of these activities with the overall strategy of AustralianSuper
To be successful in this role, you will have significant experience in the management of investment operations as well as:
- A solid understanding of the finance industry and the role of intermediaries
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage resources (time, people, budget) to achieve financial/other project objectives
- High-level communication, influencing, stakeholder management and networking abilities
- Experience and expertise in general management and negotiation skills in a sophisticated business environment
- Ability to develop improvements to processes, with inputs and support from a range of interested parties
- Global knowledge of the Superannuation and Financial Services industry
- At ease and comfortable working alongside the Executive Committee and presenting at Board level
- Bachelor’s degree in business, commerce or law would be highly desirable
The ideal candidate will have experience building and leading teams to high performance and be a skilled communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now! Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper’s Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.