- Newly created role to support our growth
- Permanent full time opportunity with flexibility
- Amazing culture focused on members and our people
AustralianSuper is Australia’s largest super fund and is for all Australians and businesses. We put members first in everything we do with the goal of helping to create the best possible retirement outcome.
Here’s where you come in
To support the growth of AustralianSuper (the Fund) we are seeking a Financial Control, Team Leader to join our Finance and Operations team to lead and support a diverse team of Payroll and Accounts Payable Officers.
As a Financial Control Team Leader, you will work closely with the Financial Control Manager to ensure process and procedures are adhered to, reports are accurately completed, and deadlines are met.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, support and motive the Payroll and Accounts Payable team
- Ensure all payroll processing is completed in a timely and accurate manner whilst in line with The Fund’s agreements, legislation and policy
- Assist with the reconciliation of payable reports ensuring amounts are paid and correctly captured in the general ledger
- Review, establish and maintain effective administration, personnel filing and systems
- Investigate, reconcile and resolve complex accounts payable issues
- Assist with the accuracy of accounts payable/payroll related balance sheet accounts
- Verify vendor details and perform checks when required
- Manage the end to end accounts payable process flow including resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices or payment discrepancies and process documentation
- Establish strong relationships within the internal Finance and People & Culture functions, and businesses across the Fund
- Seek process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated experience leading a team within Finance
- Background in Finance, Accounts Payable and Payroll ideal
- Analytical and financial management skills
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills with the ability initiate, maintain and develop relationships with peers
- Ability to work in under pressure whilst remaining accurate and timely
- Proven ability to manage confidential matters
- Experience in driving and implementing change
Please note, this is deemed an “Access Person” role, meaning Disclosure and Personal Trading requirements apply to the successful candidate
We believe embracing diversity in thought and perspective helps introduce new and better ways of doing business, delivering better outcomes for our members. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now!
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper’s Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.