- Strong Data specific experience required
- Full time, permanent role with excellent benefits
- Join a growing Enterprise Technology team based in Melbourne CBD
AustralianSuper is Australia’s largest super fund and is for all Australians and businesses. We put members first in everything we do with the goal of helping to create the best possible retirement outcome.
Here’s where you come in…
As part of our growth strategy we are currently seeking a strong Engineering Lead who will be responsible for leading a team of engineers as well as build engineering specialisation across data and analytics ecosystems. This is a key role in building the Fund’s data solution and be responsible to bring together several data practices across the fund into one central solution.
It is a key leadership role assisting in planning and delivering the cloud migration associated program of work to provide scalable, reliable, and resilient cloud-based services across the Fund. The role will also provide hands-on skills to help design, build, test, and on-board applications onto our enterprise cloud platform.
- Experience working in complex enterprise environments
- Experience working in Hadoop environments (PySpark, SparkSQL, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- Exposure to cloud based PaaS services used in data engineering (Big Query, Big Table, Cloud Data Flow, Sagemaker, AML, etc)
- Proven industry experience in setting up data streams and ingestion frameworks using Apache Beam/NIFI, Kafka Connect, Spark
- Demonstrated capability in setting up and administrating support for Hadoop platforms or equivalent
- Extensive experience working with Unix based operating systems
- Proven DevOps experience inclusive of creating CI/CD/CT pipelines for data engineering and analytics
- Strong experience in one or more of the following cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, preferablly Google Cloud
- Passionate about software engineering excellence, new methodologies, and leading change
- Willingness to expand and gain knowledge in new technologies (e.g. Machine Learning / AI)
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
We believe embracing diversity in thought and perspective helps introduce new and better ways of doing business, delivering better outcomes for our members. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now!
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper’s Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you