- Join AustralianSuper’s global Investments group
- Full time, permanent role based in the Melbourne or Sydney CBD
- Be part of our growth as we continue to grow our presence in the debt market
AustralianSuper is for all Australians and businesses; we put members first in everything we do with the goal of helping to create the best possible retirement outcome. More than two million members trust us to invest more than $165 billion on their behalf.
Here’s where you come in
AustralianSuper are looking for an Investment Director to co-lead the implementation of the domestic commercial real estate private debt strategy by taking primary responsibility for transacting new investment opportunities and ongoing loan investment management.
Based in our Melbourne or Sydney office, your primary responsibility is to originate direct credit investment in commercial residential construction lending and other commercial real estate debt opportunities and manage execution of these new opportunities. You will also assist in the effective execution of the direct credit strategy within Mid Risk.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Building and maintaining close relationships with relevant managers, sponsors, borrowers, advisors and financial institutions who can assist in the execution of the commercial real estate debt strategy, specifically in the sourcing, transacting and management of direct credit investments
- Using direct market participation identify, source and assess new direct credit opportunities
- Lead the investment review, due diligence, analysis, negotiation and execution of new direct commercial real estate debt opportunities
- Monitor, manage and report on investments held within the direct credit portfolio
- Review and provide input into the strategic direction of the direct commercial real estate debt portfolio, including focus areas for new investment activity
- Be part of the development and management of junior team members
To be successful in this role, you will need significant experience in commercial property and construction lending in a banking, finance or a credit funds management role.
You are comfortable and able to undertake and oversee property risk analysis, including construction risk, cash flow and sensitivity analysis as well as lead credit transaction execution across large and complex opportunities. To be successful, you have experience being able to accurately identify key investment issues and effectively communicate them within the team and to approval committees.
Ideally you will come with experience in restructuring or divestment of distressed real estate loans or property.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now! Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper’s Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.